I VOTED!

0

Written on 1:28 PM by gracefully discovering:

I meant to post this yesterday...but I was so ready to leave work and go vote..I left my computer at work!

Anyway- yesterday was a very emotional day for me. I casted my vote for the FIRST BLACK MAN TO EVER RUN ON A PRESIDENTIAL TICKET. As I drove down 518 in Pearland and saw HUMONGOUS McCain/Palin signs and all the other Republican candidates, I thought to myself...where are all of the Democratic signs?...I mean not even a Rick Noriega sign in sight. I am very aware that Texas is a very RED state...but I at least thought that I would see more signs...maybe it's because I live in Pearland. Nonetheless, as I drive up to the voting poll, a Republican candidate is there campaigning 100 feet from the door...and he hands me a flyer asking me for my vote. I'm thinking...wow this is pretty good that he is out here campaigning until the last second to get his votes...not that I was casting my vote for him..but I still thought it was kinda cool.

Anyway- I get in...no line...and I walk to the booth. Now my initial thought was I wonder if someone can take a picture of me voting ( I know..I'm always trying to take a picture) but then I thought that its probably against voting rules or something. I am so proud....the most proud of this Country that I have ever been...and I bet no one is going to come after me for saying it like they did Michelle Obama...BC little ol' doesn't have a husband running for President.

My friend Nicoley made a really good point about wanting to wait until 11/4 to vote so that she could be a part of such a historic day...and I feel her on that...but I'm more nervous that something shady is gonna go down that day...and all the polls in Brazoria county are going to mysteriously be broken or something. I don't know...call me crazy...or just call me Black in America! I am still very honored and proud to have voted yesterday and am anxiously awaiting 11/4. I really want to have a results watch party at my house....sounds like a good idea.
My friends (as John McCain says) it's time for me to go home! GO VOTE..EARLY!
Deadline for early voting in Texas is 10.31.08

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment