got a good word yesterday!

1

Written on 1:49 PM by gracefully discovering:

So for the past 6 months, my husband and I have been battling with leaving our church home. We have been members of New Life for a little over 3 years now and we have grown very close to our church family. However, we have moved out of the city and into the burbs...placing us about 45 minutes from our church. Initially, we were like "yep we're leaving" because it's really ridiculous to have to drive that far when gas is $4.00 a gallon almost. But it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be to go ahead and switcharoo!
Anyway- we have been skipping a few Sundays at New Life to visit some churches REALLY close to our home....like so close we could walk if it weren't 145 degrees outside! So yesterday we went to Crossroads Community Church (which is right across the street..thank you Jesus). We have visited this church a few times...and we like it...but we never really got to hear the Pastor speak..the first time we went it was Youth sunday, then we went back..but were late..and came in on the middle of a chump off sermon..then he got into a really bad motorcycle accident, so that the last two times we have gone- have been Associate Pastors preaching. Well both of the Associate Pastors sermons..I LOVED!
So back to the point of the story- my good word yesterday!
The Minister- who normally leads praise and worship was preaching for the day! This lady ushered the Spirit of God in and right on inside of me. She preached on "A Higher Calling" about how God is waiting on us to answer him YES to do His will...and how we have to keep pressing though when life comes at us. I think this really hit home for me because I have been dealing with myself- because I KNOW that I am not fulfilling my duties that he has for me. There is so much more than I need to do for the Lord..but I don't. I am praying for God to help me surrender to him and allow me to do what he wants me to do.
So y'all pray for me!
This sermon was so awesome...that I bought the CD. I NEVER EVER buy Cd's....but I had to have this message on hand when I need a pick me up...and a little motivation. I listened to it in the car this morning...and while sitting at my desk doing some work to prepare for the year! I have passed it along to one of my spiritual sisters/coworker so she could get a blessing as well.
I was truly blessed yesterday and am very thanksful for the message that was brought to me from my Father through Minister Lenora Jones.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

1 Comment

  1. CarmenNC |

    A motorcycle riding pastor is cool, I hope he has a quick recovery. My cousin is a motorcycle riding pastor/nurse.

    I had a 'and what am I supposed to be doing' moments and went to a co-worker's church. The reverand had a message that I know was just for me. If you put 100% towards a gift or something that comes natural to you, God will in turn make it super-natural.

    145 degrees

     

Post a Comment