lamb is red meat

5

Written on 9:28 AM by gracefully discovering:

me (on the phone): hey babe...when are you coming home because I cooked a really good meal.
him: be home in about 30 mins gotta help ____ do something real quick
me: okay well speed it up...I'm starving!!
he walks into the kitchen: food smells good, what is it?
me: it's a surprise!
him: what is it?
me: it's lamb chops! have you ever had lamb chops
him: yeah
me: oh I didn't know that...well I've never had them
him: babe, the food looks great and smells delicious and all....but....WE DON'T EAT RED MEAT!
me: but it's not beef or pork...we don't eat beef or pork!
him: no babe....we don't eat red meat!
me: i asked the man in the store if this was beef or pork and he said no!!
him: i know..its not beef or pork but its red meat.
me: well we are eating this tonight!!!

So while I thought that I was giving us an alternative to chicken....i messed up our no red meat diet! even though I really thought we were just giving up beef and pork...but I guess the no red meat thing kinda makes some sense!

Anyway- dinner was magnificent according to my husband....so to hell with the red meat diet for one night!

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

5 Comments

  1. Loving Life |

    That is too funny!! Well what can 1 night of red meat hurt!

     
  2. Anonymous |

    hey girl! i love your blog...it's funny and cute! and, it's not nice to eat poor defenseless lambs anyway!!! (i have only eaten poultry and seafood since about age 11, so i'm kinda biased...)

     
  3. Anonymous |

    haha...thats hilarious!!

     
  4. This is Me... |

    let me know what alternatives you find, if any good ones...you know i have been with out red meat for about 16yrs....chicken all the time gets boring!!!

     
  5. Anonymous |

    absolutely adorable. and i agree... i'm tired of chicken girl. wish i could've been there to help you and nick out. im sure it was delish.

     

Post a Comment