there are good people in the world

1

Written on 12:28 AM by gracefully discovering:

Just wanted to share a blessing with you all that was given to me and my boo tonight. We went to Fridays for dinner which is about the only food place opened over here....since we only had snacks and can goods to eat. Anyway we sit down and across from us is this lady and her two kids...and the kids seemed to be having fun with their mom..which was kinda weird because the girl was a teenager!!
Anyway- we order our food and it comes out looking and smelling burnt...so we send it back and it comes back the same exact way. You know how you fry chicken in dirty grease...and it gets too dark and doesn't look good....yeah so that's how my fried shrimp and his chicken strips came out. But the manager told us that's how they are supposed to look...well you could have fooled me because this picture that made me want these fattening fried shrimp were golden brown not doo doo brown.
Anyway- I order something else...something more healthy....grilled salmon, broccoli and rice. So back to the lady...she gets up after they finished their food and did a few old school dance moves at the table...she tells us that she is taking care of our bill because she noticed that we were having such a hard time..and wanted to make that part easy for us. After we told her several times, that she really didn't have to do that...she said "That's what we do...when we belong to the King" Nick made a good point...that she taught her kids a life lesson in that moment. God is good as I say all of the time and He truly shines through others. We didn't know this lady from Adam and we probably won't see her again...but she really was a blessing to us tonight. She made me want to be a better person and do things for people more often. Which makes me think about a kind act my hubby did the other day. When we were driving to our house for the first time after the storm to see what damages were done..there was this homeless guy standing at the light asking for money. We didn't have cash and Nick always wants to give $- but not me bc I have been played a few times..but I will give food. Anyway- it's raining hard...and he gives the guy the umbrella so he won't get wet outside in the rain...he then looks at me and says..we'll get you another one. I guess he read my mind...like "ummmm it's raining and my hair is gonna get wet!!!"
Anyway- let's all do something nice and unexpected for someone this week. It really makes people feel good when we do selfless things and not look for anything in return!

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

1 Comment

  1. Ria |

    I hope you and your husband are ok and are managing to weather through the storm.

    The stranger paying for your food reminds me of the movie Pay it Forward. The young kid in the movie truly believed in the goodness of human nature. I love when things happen like this...it definitely reminds us that all people aren't manipulators and "bad".

     

Post a Comment