bye bye Viola...........

2

Written on 8:35 AM by gracefully discovering:


phone convo went something like this:

me: Hey, when are you coming home?

him: I'll be home later...i'm gonna stop by Nikki's?

me: oh, what are you going over there for?

him: bc I like going over there and I do have a nephew...who is like my son for now

me:well you do have a wife, who is like your wife now...and i'm cooking dinner

him:i'll be home later babe

me:OKAY

1.5hrs later...phone rings

him:come outside..it's a cute little puppy in our yard

me: really...there were some dogs in the yard the other day trying to attack me!

him: this puppy is so cute..come outside

me: outside....OMG who's car is that?

him: this is your car?

me: stop playing- no it's not

him: forreal it's your car...all you have to do is say okay

me: shut-up, stop playing

him: forreal, the dealer let me bring it home to see if you liked it because I told him that my wife is picky and she wouldn't have it- if I just came home with a car that she didn't like

me: stop playing

him: wanna drive it?


So...my husband is buying me a new car! Ol' Viola has been with me since 2003 and has taken me from Chicago to Atlanta to Houston and back again. She was my very first car and I paid for her myself. We have some pretty good memories together...both good and bad!

I hate to leave her behind but it's definitely time to upgrade. It's gonna be sad...but i'm gonna keep her in the family..my brother will now be the proud owner of my baby girl!

Last weekend my sister in law was teasing me and she said: you look real cute- outfit is nice, got your stunner shades on...BUT you're stepping out of an old dusty saturn!

So I guess she is right...it's time. It's a bitter sweet moment. I'd much rather be stepping out of a new Camry or Accord...

I really do have the best husband in the world. I love him!

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

2 Comments

  1. Living Whimsically |

    Way to go Nick!! He's a winner!

     
  2. RHDSCHLR |

    I'm going to miss purple passion! But congratulations girl! We were JUST talking about how you were ready to retire her! God is good. Yall make Black love so beautiful... and funny... "well you do have a wife, who is like your wife now..." lol!

     

Post a Comment