We have a baby boy!

3

Written on 4:16 PM by gracefully discovering:

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS DID I THINK THAT I WOULD HAVE A DOG....AND NOT ONLY A DOG...BUT A DOG THAT LIVES IN MY HOUSE!

Last week...I spent several days at the Houston Humane Society in an attempt to find the perfect dog to bring home to my husband for his birthday. He has been asking for a dog for quite some time...and I felt bad because he always gives me EVERYTHING that I ask for...and I had been kinda playing him about this whole doggie issue.

So....I decided to stop being selfish...and get a dog for my husband...bc after all he would have done it for me.
So anyway- I end up at the Humane Society- because (they are cheaper) and there are so many dogs that need good loving families :)-

Now, we had already talked about the kind of dog that we (he) would want....Boxer, Beagle, Lab, Golden Retriever...thats it!

Well neither of them were available at the shelter...so I almost gave up. I mean, I had picked out a few dogs..but there always seemed to be a problem...either they were adopted, super aggressive, or not the kind of dogs I thought they were!
Then this nice little lady introduced me to Ryan. I had been talking with her a lot that week...telling her what I was looking for and that this would be my very first dog EVER...so she said that I might like Ryan bc he would be a good first dog to have. My first thought was...is there really ever a good first dog to have?!

But anyway, she takes me to the kennel a little further down- where they keep the dogs that have been there a while....and there he was!

The cutest little reddish/orange doggie that kinda looked like a wolf. She goes to take him out of the kennel and..he doesn't bark...just politely comes out and gets on the leash (good sign #1). We go outside so that we can get to know one another...and he plays really well....he lets me pet him and he didnt even jump on me (great sign #2!)...and he didn't try to bite me (super great sign #3)

We played for about 45 minutes and he had bamboozled me.....he made me fall for him!

So I went to the front and filled out the application to take Ryan home.
This was Ryan's story on his profile sheet
" Hi, my name is Ryan and I am a 17 week old male chow chow mix. I was found on the side of the road and some nice person brought me to the Humane Society. I am loving, kind and love to play. I am looking for someone to take me to a loving home. Please take me home today"
Needless to say, I bought Ryan home on Thursday.....now Nick tried to act really excited...but I could tell something was up...HE DIDN'T LIKE RYAN! Ryan wasn't the dog that we had talked about...so he was a bit throwed. See Ryan is a Sheba Inu and Chow mix! (not a Boxer, Beagle, Lab or Golden Retriever). But just like Ryan bamboozled me...he bamboozled him too...HE FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM! (even after contemplating taking him back to the Humane Society)

Now it's official, Ryan Richardson is our first child..a part of the Richardson clan for life!

He is such a good dog too..very lovable...doesn't chew on stuff and stays exactly where he is supposed to be...anywhere but on the carpet! (until he is trained).

He still doesn't bark much...but I don't think he will do much of that.

And he is doing well on his house training...even though he had 2 accidents in his crate :(

I think I want to buy him a t-shirt!!
I'll be sure to keep you all posted on Ryans journey through life...as well as document my experience with my very first dog!
Say hello to RYAN SANFORD RICHARDSON. (Sandford came from Sandford and Son because he looks like a red fox!


If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

3 Comments

  1. Living Whimsically |

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  2. Living Whimsically |

    Yeah!! I'll have to tell Kobe and Jack that they have a permanent friend that lives in Pearland!! We will have to do a Day out with the dogs really. Yeah Ryan!!!

     
  3. IAD |

    Hey Dy-me me (sp)! Congrats on the new addition.

     

Post a Comment