National HIV testing day

0

Written on 9:37 PM by gracefully discovering:




Tomorrow is National HIV testing day.


If you haven't already been tested (and even if you have) please go out tomorrow to your nearest location and get tested.

My first HIV/AIDS testing experience was in 2003- a sophomore in college. I was attending a Founders week program put on by Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Lambda chapter (i was just an eager interest at that point). One of the Delta'a (my soror now) asked me if I was going to get tested. My initial thought was- "I don't need to get tested..I've only been with one person (who is my husband now) and I know I don't have HIV...because we are each others only partners."

But because I was VERY interested in this WONDERFUL organization...I got tested!
Did I get tested because I was interested in finding out my status? nope
Did I get tested because HIV is an epidemic that is affecting people who look just like me and are my age? nope
Did I get tested because it's important for anyone who is sexually active to get tested and know their status? nope

I GOT TESTED BECAUSE I WANTED TO BE A DELTA!

So tomorrow, I am going to get tested for every reason that I didn't get tested the first time!
Although, my situation hasn't changed...I have still only been with my husband...and he with me...we both are going to get tested.

So grab everyone you know...both folks in monogamous relationships and those who are in not so monogamous relationships!

This is serious and people are getting infected daily.

Don't wait- KNOW YOUR STATUS!

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment