I secretly love the Keyshia Cole show!

8

Written on 11:51 AM by gracefully discovering:

I'm not sure that I have RANTED AND RAVED about how much I DESPISE BET on this blog yet...but I do. Ever since the beginning days of College Hill where they portrayed black educated folks like idiots and hoodrats! I remember writing a letter to BET demanding that they cancel the show...of course they never did. I mean, when I was growing up...I watched A Different World..and just knew that I was going to HIllman! Our young kiddos arent looking at College Hill and thinking man...I want to go to Johnson C. Smith so that I can dance on top of the pool table! It just sends the wrong messages about HBCU's.

Anyway- I just really can't stand them...you would think that they would at least try and high light the good things that we do in the Black community...but no, they choose to air our dirty laundry...deep sigh!

But....but...but....there is ONE show that I secretly love on BET!

I have it set to my DVR to record every Tuesday night at 9pm. My husband can't stand it...but it is my guilty pleasure!

Frankie is my girl!! She is by far my favorite character on the show. In a very weird way- I think just her humor and some of the stuff she says...reminds me of my mama! Now don't get it twisted...my mom is not like Frankie....but some of the things that come out of her mouth- Deborah Doreen would probably say!

I like how Keyshia takes care of her family and is trying to show them a different lifestyle. They all are a ghetto mess...but I can see the transformation happening before my eyes!! Especially with Neffie!
My favorite quotes from the show:
Keyshia to her mama: "Dang, MA! Why you gotta be so ghetto!!"
Frankie: Absolutely
Frankie: MAN DOWN CODE 10
Frankie: Hoooooooooooollllllllaa!

But anyway- I felt like it was my responsibility to put it out there that I am a Keyshia Cole fan....and I even went to buy her CD today! And you know I don't buy real cd's!!

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

8 Comments

  1. Loving Life |

    Girl I love her show too, not only is it super funny but what other celebrity do you know that is keeping it this real?! She is not afraid to show us that she has problems in her family to. Everybody got that crack head, the beyond ghetto cousin, and the dope boy uncle....but do they recognize it NOPE! Everything is not Peaches and Cream just b/c she is who she is and she's lettin gus know that this is how it is.....I LOVE IT!!!

    P.S. I got her cd today too:-)
    ~Peaches O.

     
  2. IAD |

    I heart this show too and despise BET too.

     
  3. IAD |

    Man Down - Code 10....hollllllllaaaaa

    How is the CD?

     
  4. Living Whimsically |

    Regi and I love this show too!! It seems that each season more and more of her family are added to the cast though. I am starting to loose count! I also agree that BET shed a horrible light on my poor Southern University. And besides most of the shows just mimick that of which has already been done by MTV. Great blog sister!! Oh my favorite quote is said by all the cast at least 20 times an episode...."At the end of the day....." I die laughing when they say it!
    Peace!

     
  5. Anonymous |

    i really appreciate the connection you make with college hill and ADW... i'm going to have to quote you on that...

     
  6. This is Me... |

    ummmm....Frankie's humor and the things she says reminds you of who?!!? OOOHHHHHHHHH, i think i recall a certain someone telling u that something in Frankie reminded them of someone but someone jumped down their throat...who was that?!? LOL :-)

     
  7. gracefully discovering: |

    well Shr'i...you are right....I apologize! You know I love you little sis!

     
  8. Unknown |

    I love this show too! I was thinking the same thing Dymisha, but I didn't want to say anything!!

    Man down! Holla

    Mesita

     

Post a Comment