postponed AGAIN

1

Written on 11:41 AM by gracefully discovering:



Today was SUPPOSED to be the day that Nia would have the second of three surgeries. BUT yesterday, we went in to get all of her Pre-op work done and one of the test that identifies cold or flu symptoms came back positive. Since she didn't look sick, nor did she have any visible signs of a cold- they took the test again and it came back negative. But to be on the safe side, the pushed her surgery back to next Thursday. We have to take her back Monday to get more test done and if she is healthy, then they will proceed.
At first, I was a bit annoyed because this is the 3rd date that we have gotten...but they explained that if they operate on her with even a hint of infection- she will have a much harder time recovering. So I guess we're blessed that they are doing whatever needs to be done to make sure my little pumpkin has the best surgery and recovery possible.

Her little half of a heart is working really hard and she needs to have this surgery to relieve some of the responsibility of the right side of her heart. I really hope that she can have it next week. As nervous as I am...I know that she needs this and it will only make her better.
So let's get on with it people!!!!!!!!!!!

On a brighter note- the girls had their first professional pics taken Tuesday and we had a BALL! Nia showed up and showed out- just smiling and laughing the whole time. I guess she knew that she wouldn't have to get her surgery this week and was extremely happy!





If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

1 Comment

  1. The Blanchard Family |

    Hello, you don't know me, but I discovered your blog a short time after I found out I was having a baby girl with HLHS. I, too, was expecting twins (a boy and a girl) and delivered last month at 27 wks gestation. Due to the premature age there was nothing the dr's could due for my sweet Ava and she passed away after just 2 short hours. I just wanted to tell you that I am praying for you and your family and I hope for the best with the upcoming surgery. I had so much anxiety and anticipation knowing I was going to have to go through these open heart surgeries with my precious baby girl and I know you feel the same. If you get a change drop me an email at casiblanchard@yahoo.com. It has been ages since I have updated my blog so that will be no help ;)I just wanted to say hi because I feel a closeness to you and wish you the best!

     

Post a Comment