Part 2: The Glenn

1

Written on 1:59 PM by gracefully discovering:

Nia's Glenn was scheduled for Monday, October 12- but it has been postponed a few days because half of the operating staff is out with the flu. Luckily she has been doing great and her O2 levels have been steady- which is why the Surgeon is okay with delaying her surgery a few days. However, her team of Cardiologists are not so pleased with this news.
For the past week or so, I have felt myself clinging to her a bit more than usual...and I think it's because I am very nervous about this surgery. I know that they say this is much easier on the babies, but open-heart surgery is open-heart surgery and I am internally freaking out. I keep playing it over in my head how the day will go: how we will get to hold her and kiss her before they wheel her through the double doors that I can't go through and I will cry until they call to give us the updates. So when they called to tell me that I have a few more days to spend with my baby before they cut her open again- I was pleased. Don't get me wrong, I know that she needs this and it is going to in turn save her life...but I sure wish there was a way to do just that- WITHOUT cutting her open!

Anyway- I found this video on another heart moms blog and it is absolutely moving. Please be ready to tear up :) Spread awareness about CHD's! Take a few moments to watch it- and then pass it on!

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

1 Comment

  1. Suth-ern Mama |

    Wow! I don't know how I missed so many posts from you, but the girls are looking great and I love the "talk to the hand" shot you got! LOL! I am glad you get a few more days with Nia before the Big Day comes around. We will be praying for her and for you guys. I am sure I would be doing the same thing....rehearsing the scene in my head until it drives me a bit nuts! God Bless!

     

Post a Comment