Next week this time my girls will be here!

5

Written on 11:26 AM by gracefully discovering:

Wow! It's been over a month since I've blogged...but I'm baaaccckk! I think that I will be blogging frequently, or at least have my friend Candace blog for me so that I can keep you all updated on the girls and Nia's surgery and recovery process.

We have exactly 7 days before our little ladies are welcomed into this world. My scheduled c-section date is June 30, 2009 at 7:30am. Knowing the exact date and time eases up some of the anxiety- but there is still enough of it there to freak me out just a little bit! I was telling my girlfriend that I have every range of emotions that one could think of these days. I am very excited, happy, anxious, scared, nervous, overwhelmed, full of joy and peace...all at the same time! I never thought that was possible...but I'm here to tell you that it is.
In exactly one week, my life as I know it today will be over! I'm looking forward to the changes- although some of them will be very difficult- I'm thinking that they will be totally worth it when I am able to look into the eyes of the two people that I have carried for 9 months.

Are we ready??? Physically ABSOLUTELY! The house is completely ready for them to come home! They have everything that they need, and their room is the cutest baby room that I have ever seen in my life (and of course I'm biased...so just accept it!).

Mentally...I'm still working on that! I keep telling myself that I'll be ready by the 30th...but truthfully, I don't think anyone is ever mentally ready to have two newborn babies and one baby with a serious heart defect that will need open heart surgery the first week of her life! But what I do know is that we have a great support system and we have God on our side who is going to provide us with the strength and peace to get through this journey that we are about the endure!

The countdown begins today. 7 days.

Here are some pictures of the girls nursery that daddy worked so hard on! This man loves his girls..I'm telling you!




If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

5 Comments

  1. Suth-ern Mama |

    LOL! Where you are going to change those precious little girls? That table is packed full! :) I am so happy for you and I can relate to all those feelings at one time! It is so very true! I am so glad you know that One that gives a peace that passes all understanding. We will be praying for you as you prepare for this delivery. We will be praying for little Nia especially! Will you be inducing or doing a C-section? Take Care!

     
  2. Our Family |

    The room looks AMAZING! I am so excited for you both, but I know the anxiety you are feeling. I love that you have peace--Nia will really pick up on that when she is born. These girls are so blessed to have two parents who are so incredibly in love with them and you are going to be so in love when you are face to face with them! Take care of yourselves and REST!!!!

    God Bless,
    Bernie

     
  3. Jakil Hill-Turner |

    Congrats to you and your husband on being ready. I have been following your blog off and on. I admired how you have confroted the challenges of pregnancy with dignity, grace and greatfulness. When I found out I was pregnant, I wanted to start from the beginning and read about every step.

    I will keep your family in my prayers with a special mention for little Nia. Congrats again.

    Fellow NAH alum
    Jakil Hill Turner

     
  4. Kyle and Shanalee |

    You don't know me, but I found your blog through a HLHS website. A family member of mine has a son with HLHS. (Teagan Dash Pettit) He is just over a year old now and doing very well. I hope you don't think I'm a weirdo for posting on here, but for some reason I felt so compelled to let you know that I am praying for you and your twin girls. Good luck on the delivery. If you don't mind, I'll be checking back to see how things went and see pictures of your beautiful babies.

     
  5. gracefully discovering: |

    @ suth-ern mama....I know right. I have since moved all of that stuff from the changing pad! Thanks for always checking in on us and leaving your thoughtful comments! Soon and very soon these little ladies will be welcomed into this world! I'll be sure to post pics asap.
    @ Jakil! Congrats on your pregnancy! I've checked out your blog....congrats on all that you and your hubby have accomplished. Ill be praying for a very healthy baby and pregnancy!
    @Kyle and Shanalee...of course I don't mind you checking out the blog and praying for the girls!! The more prayer request the better! I am familiar with little Teagan...he is such a cutie! Thanks for stopping by!
    @ Bernie...I sure wish we could have seen each other while you were here! But it's cool..i'm sure there will be other times!
    Take care and thank all of you for your prayers and support- we definitely need them!

     

Post a Comment